Saturday, May 10, 2014

Dark beer & orange juice cocktail

Finally, a cocktail recipe! I will not be giving exact measurements, as the output depends on whether you prefer your cocktail bitter, sweet, strong etc. Thus, trust your own tastebuds!
(btw, sorry about the quality of the pictures - my phone is not psyched about unnatural light!)


What you will need:

Syrup (you can use homemade beer syrup! If not, any other syrup will do)
Fresh ginger
Rum
Orange
Dark beer
Fresh mint leaves
Ice

How to make it:

Start by grating some fresh ginger into a glass (I used beer glasses). Then, add syrup and a bit of rum - I added about two centiliters. Base the amount of syrup and rum own your own preferences - if you like sweet cocktails, use lots of syrup. If you like it strong, use lots of rum! Or perhaps both. Remember that you can adjust along the way.
Then add fresh orange juice; I used the juice of a small orange for each glass. Some people really don't like pulp - that's not me. I add as much pulp as possible! If you don't want pulp in your cocktail, just use a sieve. Add some ice and top off with dark beer. I used about the same amount of beer as orange juice. Finally, rub mint leaves against each other to release the flavor and put it in the cocktail. Remember to taste it before serving!



That's it - nice and easy. Let me know what you think!

Lots of Love,
Becks

No comments:

Post a Comment