Friday, May 2, 2014

Bacon/beer/cheddar bread!


Ok, everyone! Here goes my first blog-post! And it's good. It will show you how to make the best ever hangover treat.

I originally found it on Chocolate, Chocolate & More. However, I've translated the measurements to metrics (i.e. grams) and added some sweet chili sauce, #yummy! Next time I will add more chili, as I would like for the bread to give me a little burn. Also, I don't have easy access to self-raising flour, so I adjusted the recipe to include flour, salt and bakingpowder (i.e. homemade self-raising flour).
Oh yeah, and I doubled the recipe! Haha. It's actually so good that I tripled the recipe once. My BF was bringing it to game-night and I wanted to make sure that there were enough for me as well!
Concerning the beer; I've tried using different kinds, and each time the bread turns out GREAT! So go ahead, use whatever you'd like.

What you will need:

760 grams of flour
1.5 teaspoons of salt
7.5 teaspoons of baking powder
6 tablespoons of sugar
2 beers (of approximately 33 centiliters)
2 packages of fried bacon (I fry mine until it's crunchy and almost burned, 'cause that's how I prefer it!)
2 pakcages of cheddar cheese
A dash of sweet chili sauce or some chopped fresh chili (optional)
100 grams of melted butter

How to make it:

Preheat the oven to 190 C (375 F). 
Mix flour, salt, baking powder and sugar in a bowl. Add the beer.



 Mix the dough until it's firm and even. I just use a spoon; no need to spend lots of energy here. Add the bacon, cheese and chili and stir it evenly into the dough.





Pour it into a greased pan (I like to use a pot, but that's because it has room for a lot more dough, haha!)
Bake it for 45 minutes. Pour over the melted butter and bake it for additionally 10 minutes.

Take it out of the oven, let it cool slightly, but have a piece while it's still warm! Perhaps with a glas of cold beer.



That one time where I tripled the recipe (i.e. 1.5 times this recipe), it needed longer time in the oven, about 10 minutes. I sliced the bread in half and saw that it was not completely baked through. I just threw it back into the pot and gave it 10 minutes more.
If the pan is deep and narrow, allow for a little more time! But if it's wide and shallow, 30 minutes will do. Keep and eye on it. In any case, I'm sure it will taste fantastic.

Enjoy! If you try it out, please comment and let me know how it worked out for you :-)

Lots of Love,
Becks

2 comments:

  1. mmmm baconbread, what can possible go wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right!? It's like a match made in heaven ;-)

      Delete